- Founder, “Breaking the Pattern™ for a Cause.”
This breast health awareness program created in 2005 with Stephens College’s School of Design
and Fashion in Columbia, MO, is targeted to young women. The designers create unique, attention-grabbing
fashions inspired by breast cancer survivors and use them in a variety of venues from window displays to
the runway. The dresses also have been featured at Nordstrom in Charlotte, North Carolina. To find out more about "Breaking the Pattern™ " and Stephens College,
click here or
view YouTube presentation.
- Co-Founder (with her sister), Scouting for the Cure™ (SFTC)
SFTC is a partnership between the Charlotte, NC Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure® and Girl Scouts
Hornets’ Nest Council. This program teaches Girl Scouts, their leaders, their families and their friends
about breast health education and awareness through a variety of creative activities. SFTC is a Model Program with national Susan G. Komen for the
Cure and is being implemented nationally with international interest.
- International Race for the Cure® Ambassador for Jordan and the Bahamas.
- Panelist for first Middle East / North Africa Breast Cancer Advocacy Conference in Amman, Jordan.
One of four Komen panelists for conference with over 100 participants from 15 countries.
Conference participants included members of the Jordan Royal Court, Ministers of Health, and distinguished
leaders representing private and governmental agencies from around the region. This groundbreaking conference
was supported by the State Department’s office of the Middle East Partnership Initiative.
- Delegate to Global Advocate Summit in Budapest, Hungary. September 2007
One of 25 USA delegates selected to participate in Komen’s Global Advocate Summit attended by delegates from around the world.
One of four (out of 55) delegates selected as a facilitator. Led session on “Making the Case for an Early Detection Program” with eight countries represented.
- Honored at White House luncheon hosted by First Lady Laura Bush for Komen's USA delegates. June 2007
- Member, Stephens College Alumnae Association Board and Executive Committee.
2004 – 2010
- Founding Board Member, Charlotte Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure®
1999 – 2003
- Board Member, National Susan G. Komen for the Cure®, Dallas, TX. 2003
- Board Member, United Family Services, 1999 – 2006. Executive Committee for two years.
- Girl Scout member and advisor to two Girl Scouts who received the prestigious Gold Award. 2007 – 2010